Let’s Work Together – New Brunswick’s Tobacco-Free Living Strategy
New Brunswick’s Tobacco-Free Living Strategy (2019-2023) – A Tobacco and Smoke-Free Province for All
The 6th edition of New Brunswick’s Tobacco-Free Living Strategy was prepared by the New Brunswick Anti-Tobacco Coalition (NBATC) with the involvement of stakeholders and key partners whose work contributes to a common vision of making New Brunswick tobacco and smoke-free for all.
The goal of the consultation process was to ensure the updated Strategy accurately reflects the priorities of stakeholders and engages new and existing partners, community groups and individuals.
New Brunswick’s Tobacco-Free Living Strategy (2019-2023) – A Tobacco and Smoke-Free Province For All – New Brunswick Anti-Tobacco Coalition (2019)
New Brunswick’s Tobacco-Free Living Strategy was prepared by the New Brunswick Anti-Tobacco Coalition (NBATC) with stakeholders and key partners engaged in the process. This Strategy belongs to everyone in New Brunswick who values the health, wellness, social and economic benefits of tobacco-free living and smoke-free environments.
Infographic: New Brunswick’s Tobacco-Free Living Strategy (2019-2023) – Goals and Objectives – New Brunswick Anti-Tobacco Coalition (2019)
A handy visual aid presenting all the goals and objectives of New Brunswick’s Tobacco-Free Living Strategy (2019-2023), which stakeholders, partners, community groups and individuals can download, print and share.
Take Action on Tobacco and Smoke-Free Living!
New Brunswick’s Tobacco-Free Living Strategy supports The Wellness Movement by encouraging people living in New Brunswick to recognize the importance of fostering wellness-supporting environments for tobacco and smoke-free living – an essential part of New Brunswick’s Wellness Strategy. Supportive social and physical environments help protect non-smokers from the potential health effects and consequences of tobacco and vapour product use, increase the chances of success for loved ones on their quit smoking journey, and limit everyone’s exposure to dangerous second and third-hand smoke.
Everyone in New Brunswick can be a champion! Together, we can work towards the vision of a tobacco and smoke-free province. Coordinated actions contribute to the development of healthier communities, workplaces, schools, homes and individuals. By pooling our resources, expertise, knowledge and experience, we can make positive changes.
- Start by reviewing the goals and objectives of New Brunswick’s Tobacco-Free Living Strategy and reflecting on where you or your organization can make the most difference.
- Explore reliable sources of information to help with provincial or local planning such as:
- A variety of Canadian Surveys on Tobacco Use and Smoking, published by Statistics Canada (provide provincial information with national comparators to help support province-wide action);
- Community Health Profiles, published by the New Brunswick Health Council (include information on smoking and tobacco use to help support local action).
- Connect with us for help in identifying ways to take action on tobacco and smoke-free living at home, school, work and in the community, or to align with efforts that are already underway.
- Get inspired by the success stories related to tobacco and smoke-free living that are regularly profiled on our website. These stories are also shared with The Wellness Movement.
- Sign up to our email list and visit our Facebook and Twitter accounts to be kept up to date on the latest news, resources and learning opportunities.
- Participate in our #TobaccoAndSmokeFree #ForAll social media engagement activity to showcase how you, your school, workplace, organization, or community group plan to take action.
- Share the story of the great work you are doing to support and promote tobacco and smoke-free living for all New Brunswickers and how you are contributing to The Wellness Movement. Make sure to use the hashtags #TobaccoAndSmokeFree #ForAll and #WellnessLivesHere on social media to link with other initiatives taking place throughout the province. You can also download logos, templates, and other communication tools from The Wellness Movement by visiting its website.
All actions, big or small, will help create a tobacco and smoke-free province for everyone in New Brunswick.
Share Your Commitment on Social Media
(#TobaccoAndSmokeFree #ForAll Social Media Engagement Activity)
Print this sheet at home, school, or work, and write down an action item you, your organization, school, workplace or community can do to help make New Brunswick tobacco and smoke-free for all. Then take a photo of you and/or your group with this sheet and share it with us.
Keep your sheet with you – hang it proudly on your wall! This is a great way to showcase you and/or your group’s commitment and contribution to tobacco and smoke-free living! Wellness Lives Here!
This is also an effective motivational activity to do with children, youth and young adults as part of smoking prevention/education (show their commitment to live tobacco-free, to not start using vaping products, to educate themselves on the risks of smoking and vaping, etc) and with patients looking to quit smoking (show their intent to quit smoking, set goals, set a quit date, etc.).
Not sure what to write on your sheet? We have some ideas here to inspire you!
Make sure to share your photo with us – there are many ways to do so!
- Post your photo to your Facebook account and tag us @LiveTobaccoFreeNB or simply use the hashtags #TobaccoAndSmokeFree #ForAll and/or #WellnessLivesHere. We will be able to find your photo and to like and share it.
- Post your photo to your Twitter account and tag us @NBTAC_CATNB or simply use the hashtags #TobaccoAndSmokeFree #ForAll and/or #WellnessLivesHere. We will be able to find your photo and re-tweet it.
- Send your photo to email@example.com.