About Us – What We Do
Who We Are
The New Brunswick Anti-Tobacco Coalition (NBATC) is a group of stakeholders focused on coordinated action for tobacco and smoke-free living in New Brunswick.
What We Do
Our vision is to work collaboratively to build supportive environments for tobacco and smoke-free living.
- We facilitate collaboration and build capacity so that stakeholders, partners, and individuals in communities across the province can work towards achieving the goals and objectives set out in New Brunswick’s Tobacco-Free Living Strategy.
- We facilitate connections and networking as well as the sharing of ideas, best practices, and resources among our group of stakeholders and partners – health professionals, community leaders, government representatives, institutions and organizations who work to foster tobacco and smoke-free living in communities across New Brunswick. Our network is very active in tobacco education and prevention, tobacco control, and smoke-free environment policies, as well as in offering smoking cessation support and services.
- We create fact sheets, toolkits, and other resources, as well as learning opportunities, for our network of stakeholders and partners.
- We provide public education via social media on the importance of supportive environments for tobacco and smoke-free living and the risks of tobacco and vaping product use.
- We promote the great work being accomplished throughout New Brunswick to help achieve the vision of making the province tobacco and smoke-free.
- We are a resource for all New Brunswickers who want to live tobacco and smoke-free and become champions for tobacco and smoke-free living in their communities.
Join Our Network!
If you have an interest in tobacco and smoke-free living, you can sign up to our email distribution list to receive our monthly emails and alerts.
You can also follow us on social media.
Have a look at New Brunswick’s Tobacco-Free Living Strategy (2019-2023) to identify an area of interest. This Strategy belongs to everyone in New Brunswick who values the health, wellness, social, and economic benefits of tobacco-free living and smoke-free environments.
You can then contact us for help in identifying ways to take action on tobacco and smoke-free living at home, school, work, and in the community, or to align with efforts that are already underway.