About Us – Steering Committee, Employees and Working Groups
NBATC Steering Commitee
The NBATC Steering Committee members represent a blend of government and non-government stakeholders. Members include those who play a key role in anti-tobacco activities or have influence in policy development and decision-making.
Our Steering Committee meets on a regular basis and acts on behalf of the NBATC to coordinate the implementation and evaluation of key goals and objectives.
Our Steering Committee Members include representatives from the following organizations:
- Canadian Cancer Society – New Brunswick
- New Brunswick Department of Health – Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health
- New Brunswick Department of Health – Community Health and Chronic Disease Management Unit
- New Brunswick Department of Social Development – Wellness Branch
- Heart & Stroke Foundation of New Brunswick
- Horizon Health Network
- Vitalité Health Network
- New Brunswick Medical Society
- New Brunswick Cancer Network
- Mawiw Council
- Health Canada (ex-officio)
We have two coordinators who provide support to the NBATC Steering Committee and Working Groups, lead priority projects, and implement a communications strategy.
Visit our Contact Us page to meet our staff.
NBATC Working Groups
Working groups are groups or individuals working directly with a steering committee member on a key objective. These members attend meetings and/or work on activities essential to achieving their objectives. Time commitment may be short-term or long-term depending on the needs of the working group.
We currently have the following active Working Groups: